Medial-Pivot Knee System
eMP™ Second generation Medial-Pivot
All of MicroPort Medial-Pivot total knee implants feature ball-in-socket articulation which enhances stability and allows the prosthesis to move and feel more like a normal knee1. Traditional knee implants slide anteriorly, due to tibiofemoral incongruity and a loss of stabilizing structures after total knee replacement. In addition, paradoxical motion seen in traditional total knees may cause a patient’s knee to feel less stable and exhibit more noise1-5. The eMP™ Medial Pivot Knee System aims to answer these traditional implant limitations, by providing an implant that delivers flexion stability, anatomic motion and wear limiting design.
MicroPort’s Medial Pivot design has been tested and proven to be patient preferred over other knee replacements.4
20 years of stability
Celebrating 20 years of innovation, MicroPort Orthopedics employees as well as surgeons who utilize the medial-pivot knee system share their experience with the innovative knee replacement design over the last 20 years.
1. Schmidt R, Komistek RD, Blaha JD, Penenberg BL, Maloney WJ. Fluoroscopic analyses of cruciate-retaining and medial-pivot knee implants. Nov 2003, (416):37-57.
2. Karachalios Th et al. An 11- to 15- year clinical outcome study of advance medial pivot knee arthroplasty. Bone Joint J 2016
3. Macheras GA, Galanakos SP, Lepetsos P, Anastasopoulos PP, Papadakis SA Knee (2017) A long term clinical outcome of the Medial-Pivot knee arthroplasty system.
4. Pritchett JW. Patients prefer a bicruciate-retaining or the medial pivot total knee prosthesis. J Arthroplasty. 2011; 26(2): 224-8.
5. Komistek RD, Dennis DA, Mahfouz M Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; 410:69-81. In vivo fluoroscopic analysis of the normal human knee.
6. Macheras GA et al. A long term clinical outcome of the Medial Pivot knee arthroplasty system. Knee 2017.
Individual results and activity levels after surgery vary and depend on many factors including age, weight and prior activity level. There are risks and recovery times associated with surgery and there are certain individuals who should not undergo surgery.